ImprintCX Co-founders Lior Arussy and Ed Murphy had the privilege to design, implement, and manage the Mercedes-Benz USA CX alignment program documented by Joseph Michelli in Driven to Delight: Delivering World-Class Customer Experiences the Mercedes-Benz Way.
Transforming the mindset and behaviors of over 360 independent Mercedes-Benz dealers with more than 25,000 employees around a commitment to improve customer satisfaction and elevate MBUSA to become the leader in luxury car sales.
“Our priority was to become the global leader across all brands in customer service and in customer experience” — Stephen Cannon
A multi-year program was created where we base-lined the current customer experience and employee engagement levels. The insights gathered were used to develop a customer experience and employee engagement strategy, which included ongoing unique dealer-level activation activities to instill pride in the brand, increase engagement, and build stronger relationships with customers.
Specific activities included:
- Stakeholder interviews to determine current challenges
- Sustainable success workshops
- Yearly employee Engagement Surveys and Engagement Pulse Surveys
- Cross-functional and cross-dealership employee co-creation workshops
- Development of a new customer experience structure and program theme
- Quantitative research with customers to validate the experience drivers
- Innovation workshops
- Cross-functional and cross-dealership sustainable success conferences
- Over 300 live in-dealership consulting days to reinforce and coach dealership leaders
- MBUSA became the #1 LUXURY AUTOMOTIVE BRAND in the JD Powers Sales Satisfaction Index.
- The brand experienced DOUBLE-DIGIT SALES GROWTH THREE YEARS IN A ROW.
- INCREASED DEALER-LEVEL EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT BY 10% in 12 months.